venerdì 10 febbraio 2017

Bellevue Hospital Center New York 250 years







Bellevue Hospital Center New York 250 years


Bellevue Hospital Center, was founded on March 31, 1736 and is the oldest public hospital in the United States. Located on First Avenue in the Kips Bay neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, Bellevue Hospital is also home to FDNY EMS Station 08, formerly NYC*EMS Station 13.


It handles nearly 670,000 non-ER outpatient clinic visits, nearly 116,000 emergency visits[1] and
some 26,000 inpatients each year. More than 80 percent of Bellevue’s patients come from the city’s medically underserved populations. Today, the hospital occupies a 25-story patient care facility with an ICU, digital radiology communication and an outpatient facility. The hospital has an attending physician staff of 1,800 and an in-house staff of about 5,500.


Bellevue was renamed in November 2015 as a reflection of its parent organization's rebranding,


Bellevue traces its origins to the city's first permanent almshouse, a two-story brick building completed in 1736 on the city common, now New York City Hall.[3] In 1798, the city purchased Belle Vue farm, a property near the East River several miles north of the settled city, which had been used to quarantine the sick during a series of yellow fever outbreaks. When the grid system of streets was established in 1811, the survey had to take the hospital into account, and the placement


of First Avenue on the grid is mainly due to the location of Bellevue.[citation needed] The hospital was formally named Bellevue Hospital in 1824










Epidemia di spagnola 1919














Costruito nel 1973 Bellevue Cube


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento